This is gonna be a looong post because there are SO many neat and sweet things you can send your long distance other half to remind them of your love. *deep breath* here goes!
1. This is one of my personal favourites and one that I have actually done. Send your lover a telegram! This just feels like something out of an old movie. For around 7$ you can have TelegramStop.com send a personalized telegram to your SO. I found this on the LovingFromADistance blog so if you use the coupon code “LFAD” you get 10% off!
2. This is one of my own ideas. Send your sweetie a week’s worth of cute and sexy surprises to open one each day for a week. For more details on what I put inside these mysterious little envelopes check out this blog post: https://ldr13.wordpress.com/
3. Send your sweetie an “I Love You Bean.” That’s right; when this plant grows the leaves of it will read “I love you.” How cool and sciencey is that? Very cool and sciencey that’s how. Find it at Thinkgeek for $6.99:
4. To the men out there; send your girlfriend one of your hoodies that smells like you (we love to wear our boyfriend’s sweater’s around, sometimes we even sleep with them which is cute and not creepy).
5. This is kind of awesome. Send your lovebird a custom fortune cookie! For 11.95$ you can order one from Fortune Cookie Factory…
6. I found this idea in Cosmopolitan and I absolutely adore it. I haven’t been able to pull it off (yet!) but I’m workin on it. When your honey is out for drinks with his “mates” (friends, not people he’s mating with) call up the place and order a round of his favourite beer or mixed drink for him and his friends on you. You can likely pay with a credit card over the phone. Warning: He may think you are superwoman; and he may wife you. Proceed at own risk.
7. Buy one of these stinkin adorable pillow cases and send the other one to your other half.
8. Send your girlfriend my books “Enchanted Awakening” and “Enchantment Everlasting” because they are awesome and I’m a shameless self-promoter. Did I mention I’m working on a comedy novel called “The LDR Diaries?”
9. I’m kind of a romantic and old things are romantic because… well… because they just are. The next time you write your love bunny a letter try aging the paper with teabags, or even adding a wax seal. It’s just cooler that way. *The most recommended wax for this use is the “J. Herbin Wickless Supple Wax.”
How to age paper: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Paper-Look-Old
Buy a heart stamp here: http://www.nostalgicimpressions.com/Brass_Wax_Seal_Stamps_Symbols_s/119.htm
10. These ldr pillows are in the works! When made available they will glow softly when your partner lays on theirs and you can listen to the real time heartbeat of your lover. Take my money already! *throws money*
11. For a change of pace from letters send your love munchkin a postcard. (when you put love in front of a random word it suddenly becomes a cute pet name! cool!). There’s just something special about postcards especially the ones you can look at for a long time and always find something new or that represent your country/region.
12. Send your baby a voice or video clip to remind them you are thinking of them! My sweetie usually gets my rolled out of bed look so when I got dressed up for a gala I recorded and sent him a short video clip. I also love when he’s sent me cute voice clips🙂 Fun fact: that is me in the above photo.
13. Send “Open When…” envelopes! This is a super cute idea. You can write things like “open when you’re mad at me,” “open when you’re stressed,” “open when you’re bored,” “open when you miss me,” “open when you’re in the mood.” Include a letter and a small surprise in each one. I’ve included a post about everything I put inside mine with some extra ideas as well🙂.
14. Send your sweetie an ldr watch! Or if you have a newfangled phone (ie not a flip phone like me) you can set it to show two different time zones… when my baby told me he has his phone set to show each of our time’s my heart melted a little. Okay, alot.
15. Send your sweetie a mix cd🙂 For a list of awesome long distance relationship songs check out my blog post LDR Playlist:
16. Send your sweetie a sound-wave bracelet! Creative way to say “I love you?” I think so! For 18$ this site lets you send in a voice recording and they will create a bracelet representing the sound-wave of your speech.
17. Sew your sweetie some heart-shaped teabags! Love this idea. Above, right are the ones I sewed my sweetie using coffee filters and loose leaf tea from David’s tea. I then attached heart-shaped tags to them with steeping instructions on one side and cute love notes on the other.
18. DIY these love scratch tickets and send them to your sweetie. They can redeem them the next time you two see each-other … orrr… lingerie Skype fashion show?
Click for tutorial: http://patandlindsay.blogspot.ca/2012/02/diy-scratch-off-valentine-cards.html
19. Create a map envelope using Mapvelopes!
20. Take a plane ticket stub to kinkos or somewhere similar, get them to blow it up and print it on fabric transfer paper to make this cute plane ticket pillow for yourself or your sweetheart.
21. Love this idea to have a pizza (or any type of food) delivered to your sweetheart as a surprise. I did this for my honey using dominoes online delivery system. Only thing is you will need to include the recipients phone number in the phone number box because it needs to have the correct area code. If there’s a box for special instructions ask them to write a cute message on the box🙂
22. Sweet cookie decorating ideas! Or you can order these exact ones from Sarah’s Sweets in BC, Canada. Just remember if you’re having them shipped you will need fast shipping and fast shipping will cost you your soul. Or just about, anyway.
23. To add a sweet grade-school touch to your love letter, fold it up and mail your letter as a paper airplane. So sweet!
How to fold a paper airplane: http://www.10paperairplanes.com/
24. This idea from the brilliant mind of Sheldon Cooper. I mean Alana Wilson. Why not write (and mail) a secret (invisible) love note? You could even include the movie National Treasure 1 along with it (with a note that tells him the blank page is a ‘clue’) and see if he figures it out.🙂
How to create/use invisible ink: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/ht/invisibleink3.htm
25. Send your sweetie flowers! Teleflora specializes in long distance flower sending. Just simply use their online order form; put your sweetie’s address in their contact form and they will have a flower shop in your sweetie’s area deliver the arrangement you’ve picked out. They even have some male-themed arrangements so you could even send some to your manly man😉.