This has been requested and it’s been a long time coming anyhow, so here it is! A gajillion more things you can do/send to your far-away beau to remind them of your undying love (and in the case of treats, to fatten them up for winter). Part 5 is also on it’s way!
1. Buy a plain photo frame and jazz it up with love (and stickers/decals/gems etc,.). I made this one for my man that says “3000 Miles Won’t Stop Me Loving You.” But it did almost stop me loving stickers as I had to re-glue them down 3 times with 3 different types of glue. I’ve done similar frames before with no trouble but this particular frame gave me a very hard time. In the end it was a 2-step crazy glue that did the trick. He loved it so it was worth it!
2. When they are not paying attention (for example while they are getting their hair cut) program sweet reminders into their phone. Of course you will have to be with them to do this, but it will remind them of you when the two of you are apart again. I programmed about two thousand into my man’s phone🙂.
3. Send this DIY “Take What You Need” flyer with your next love letter to your love nugget. It’s a nice little pick me up, especially if your baby’s having a tough week.
4. Send your darling a mail order cake/cupcake/brownie! A quick google search of mail order cakes in the area you need it sent should do the trick. How amazing would it be for delicious treats to show up on your doorstep?!
5. I picked up this Why I Love You journal from Coles (the bookstore) as part of my baby’s anniversary present. It took WAY longer than I thought it would to fill out but my man really appreciated all the effort. I did find that sometimes it asks the same questions over so I just cut out photos of us and cute Facebook chats and stuck them over those. Makes a sweet keepsake that you can look back on in years to come. $10.99
6. I really, really wanna do this at some point. If your duckling usually listens to a station at a certain time, call up the station and have them dedicate a song to them. Some stations also do online requests which makes it easier for those living in another country!
7. This was one of my more brilliant ideas. My baby one day said he’d like some ice cream. I said “I would send you some but it would melt.” And then I realized I could mail him astronaut ice cream! You can buy it off of ebay. He thought it was pretty neat.
8. Buy a long distance themed shirt or mail one to your other half. I really like this ONE DAY CLOSER tank top🙂. $27.00
9. Is there a videogame coming out that your other half is dying to have? Why not mail them a copy along with a survival kit of their favourite snacks? They will probably love you forever and ever for it. And ever. And ever. And… okay.
10. Get something monogrammed for your sweetie. It could be sweet or it could be funny like this cheeky “get naked” towel. I think a towel or bathrobe with monogrammed initials would be a cute surprise for when they come to visit🙂.
11. This is both adorable AND practical! Pillow pets double as an airplane pillow and a cute furry creature to cuddle, for when your own cute furry creature can’t be there. $19.99
12. Send (or surprise) your lover-lover with a pair of nifty knickers. I love these travel, customized, military and glow-in-the-dark themed ones! They are also small and lightweight for mailing🙂. American Eagle usually has some neat glow-in-the-dark varieties.
Reserved For Undies: (16.00) https://www.etsy.com/listing/168649788/custom-military-themed-underwear-panty
13. Send your cupcake a GIANT cookie! Ah shoot, now I’m hungry.
14. Send your next love letter in an envelope lined with a photo of the two of you. I think this is just adorable🙂.
15. The “bond” bracelet is not a bracelet designed by James Bond, but a bracelet that helps separated lovers bond. When one person touches theirs, its pair lights up and transfers the sensation of the touch. Sparkly AND sciencey, whoohoo! I believe it is still in works but hopefully they can take my money soon. *throws money*
16. Get a custom phone case with a photo of you two lovebirds on it. Warning: this may melt the heart of your other half. I would do it, only I’m still using stone tablets (kidding, but I do have like an 8 year old flip phone that everyone makes fun of me for… even random strangers on buses).
17. Download the Free Video Call Recorder for Skype and create videos of you and your love bunny (just not when you are acting like bunnies!). Then you can watch them over and over as you cry yourself to sleep. Wait, what? Who does that? Or you can edit them into a cute video and send it to your bunny-munchkin-bear-cupcake-pumpkin-face (or whatever).
18. Make your sweetie a video of the two of you, and send! This is one I did of our first two trips (mainly our England trip) and I did another one for our second two trips (mainly Canada). You could also make it with a collage of pictures, or design it to look like a trailer for a movie… get creative! VideoPad Video Editor is my favourite free editing program followed by Youtube Movie Maker. They are the most user-friendly I find.
19. DIY a pillow case love letter! This way your beau will be reminded of you each night as they hit their pillow and each morning when they wake up.
20. If your muggle is a Harry Potter fan, wrapping their next small package in this free, printable owl post paper just might make them as happy as a Hippogryph with a ferret, or a wizard with a Firebolt, or a witch with a signed copy of Magical Me, or… you get the talking picture.
I hope you’ve found these suggestions useful! Best wishes to all you brave long distance lovers and stay tuned for my dramedy novel “The LDR Diaries” coming soon. It follows the frustrating and hilarious trials and tribulations of 3 long distance couples.
Join the Facebook community: https://www.facebook.com/theLDRdiaries13
Love to you all! MUAH! xox